Search our site for:


US/UK Crochet Terms.

US and UK crochet terms are different, but they use the same terms to describe different stitches. Confused? So were we. Here is a conversion chart. Now all you have to do is determine whether your pattern is a US or UK pattern, and then you can make sure you are using the correct stitches. Most patterns have a notice on them to say who made the patterns, and where it was printed. This should be an indication of the terminology used.

single crochet (sc)double crochet (dc)
double crochet (dc)treble (tr)
half double crochet (hdc)half treble (htr)
triple crochet (trc)double treble (dtr)
slip stitch (sl st)slip stitch (sl st)