Knitting is something that can be done almost anywhere as long as you have all the tools and materials. The one thing that many knitting enthusiasts struggle with is finding a bag that has plenty of space and easy to travel with.
This article will look at 12 best knitting bags found on the market today. All the knitting bags on this list will have their benefits, drawbacks, and features listed but first, a comparison table is needed.
Knitting Bag Comparison Table
To get a clear picture of what each knitting bag brings to the table, below is a comparison table. This table will show the weight, customer ratings, sizes and market price of the top 12 best knitting bags you can purchase today.
|Best Knitting Bags||Price||Size||Rating||Weight|
|The Yarn Storage Knitting Bag From ProCase||Medium||15.74 inches x 11 inches x 11.8 inches||4.6 / 5||2.2 pounds|
|The High Capacity Yarn Knitting Bag From Jolitac||Medium||15 inches x 11 inches x 10 inches||5-May||1.8 pounds|
|The Yarn Tote Knitting Bag from Teamoy||Medium||15 inches x 9.8 inches x 11 inches||4.8 / 5||1.94 pounds|
|The Deluxe Yarn Knitting Organizer From Everything Mary||Medium||17 inches x 12 inches x 15 inches||4.7 / 5||1 pound|
|Yarn Storage Small Knitting Bag From Luxja||Low||10.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 10.5 inches||4.8 / 5||1.14 pounds|
|The XL Yarn Storage Bag From HOMEST||Very low||11.75 inches x 16.5 inches tall||4.6 / 5||1 pound|
|Yarn Storage Knitting Bag From CRAFTISS||Low||11 inches x 13 inches||4.7 / 5||1.4 pounds|
|The Yarn Storage Knitting Bag from Besti||Low||12 inches x 15 inches x 10 inches||4.5 / 5||1.75 pounds|
|The Yarn Skeins Knitting Bag From Luxja||Low||14.5 inches x 7 inches x 7 inches||4.8 / 5||12.8 pounds|
|The Knitting Tote Bag From MEKBOK||Very low||12 inches high x 15 inches wide x 9 ½ inches deep||4.2 / 5||9.9 ounces|
|The Portable Yarn Knitting Bag With Pockets From BeCraftee||Very low||10.3 inches x 11.8 inches tall||4.7 / 5||13. 6 ounces|
|The knitting and Crochet Bag From Athena’s Elements||Medium||10.5 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches||4.7 / 5||8.3 ounces|
Top 12 Best Knitting Bag Reviews 2021
From the table above, it is clear to see that all the bags are very spacious, affordable and lightweight. They also have some benefits and drawbacks which will be discussed below:
1. The Yarn Storage Knitting Bag From ProCase
First on the list is the yarn storage knitting bag from ProCase and this product brings a lot to the table. It has 2 side pockets that allow you to fit small items like rules, scissors, and other small items.
It has a see-through top which makes it easy to see everything you’ve put inside and the six compartments inside allow you to hold multiple skeins at once. To make the bag easy to carry, it has a shoulder strap as well as a handle.
The one thing that many people look for when buying a knitting bag is durability. Since this bag is made from durable fabric, it is very strong and will protect all the items you place inside.
- Easy to carry
- Made from durable fabric
- Great gift for a knitting enthusiast
- Durable and see-through
- Plenty of storage space
- Shoulder strap and handle for easy portability
- The zipper can split if you overload the bag
2. The High Capacity Yarn Knitting Bag From Jolitac
Second on the list is this high capacity yarn knitting bag from Jolitac and it meets any knitting enthusiasts needs thanks to its large storage capacity. There are six compartments inside which allow you to arrange items properly and prevent tangling.
These compartments also allow you to carry any extra item you might need like your phone, glasses, needles, scissors and more. The clear top allows you to see what’s inside without even opening the bag.
The oxford fabric it is made from makes this bag very durable and the shoulder strap is there to relieve any stress when you are out and about.
- Incredible quality
- Has six compartments
- Large internal storage
- Has shoulder strap
- Clear cover to see inside contents
- Easy to carry around thanks to the shoulder strap
- Very durable thanks to the high-quality material it is made from
- Offers you plenty of inside storage space
- See-through top
- Perfect for beginners
- Can start to show signs of wear if washed often
3. The Yarn Tote Knitting Bag From Teamoy
Teamoy makes very wonderful products and their yarn tote knitting bag is certain the best product on this list. It has plenty of storage space and has 6 interior compartments that prevent items from being tangled together.
There is no need to open the bag to see what’s inside because it has a clear cover. Cleverly designed and made from strong nylon material, this bag is very durable and can be used for many years as long as you take care of it.
If you know a knitting enthusiast or someone who is a beginner, this bag is an excellent gift plus it has a removable adjustable shoulder strap and handles. This makes it very easy to carry around on trips.
- Unmatched quality
- Clever design
- A bag that is very easy to carry
- Well designed bag
- High-quality bag
- Has a divider
- Plenty of storage space
- Has a clear top and lightweight
- Issues with the zippers are common
4. The Deluxe Yarn Knitting Organizer From Everything Mary
The deluxe yarn knitting organizer from the lovely people at Everything Mary is amazing because it has 12 storage space. You can use these to store your tools, yarn, and other supplies.
Made from quality polyester, this bag is one of the strongest and most durable on the market. The wonder reinforced handles make it very easy to carry when traveling. You can fit this bag over your shoulder or carry it the traditional way.
Not many bags are versatile however, the deluxe yarn knitting organizer from Everything Mary has won plenty of awards. Below are the pros and cons of this incredible bag.
- 12 storage spaces
- Money-back guarantee
- Plenty of space
- Good quality bag
- Durable product
- Award-winning bag
- The handles break if the bag is overloaded
5. Yarn Storage Small Knitting Bag From Luxja
Luxja is known to produce good quality knitting bag and made from Nylon, even though this product is small, it is very durable and resistant to scratch. Have knitting needles that are ten inches long? No problem at all as they can easily fit in this bag.
There is plenty of space for everything you need because of its amazing storage area plus it is lightweight. If you know anyone who loves taking their knitting projects with them on trips or while they travel, this bag is a really good gift.
Just like the knitting bags above, this one also has some pros and cons one needs to be aware of before they buy.
- Allows you to carry needles that are up to 10 inches in length
- Weighs 1.05 pounds only
- Plenty of space
- Made from Nylon which is a very strong material
- Scratch resistance and durable
- Perfect gift for someone who loves knitting
- Large storage area
- Only good for small projects
6. The XL Yarn Storage Bag From HOMEST
Not many knitting bags on the market come with mini yarn bag however, this one from HOMEST does. This bonus little item allows you to store a few accessories or up to two yarn balls you might need for your projects.
Since this bag is super light, you can take it with you almost anywhere and it has a large storage area. If you are working on large projects, you can carry extra balls, needles, scissors, hooks and more for your projects.
To ensure that customers have no problems carrying this bag, it has some shoulder straps. This bag will serve you for years because it is made from materials that are durable and free of chemicals.
- Comes with a mini yarn drum
- Made from strong material
- Has six grommets
- Very durable product thanks to the strong chemical-free materials it is made from
- Yarn doesn’t get tangled up
- Impressive storage area
- You get a mini yarn drum as a bonus
- Straps are flimsy
- Most customers say the bag feels cheaply made
7. Yarn Storage Knitting Bag From CRAFTISS
What makes the CRAFTISS knitting bag so special is its ability to allow you to take two projects you are working on at the same time. You don’t have to leave one project behind or at home thanks to the two giant external pockets it has.
This bag is worth every single penny because it comes with a small accessories bag free. You don’t have to pay extra for this little bag and you can use to carry things you need for your projects like scissors and other items.
If you are worried about the bag potentially producing a smell upon purchase, there is no need to worry. The natural materials this bag is made from are not only strong but also durable.
- Plenty of room to carry up to 2 projects you are working on
- Made from natural strong materials
- Comes with an accessory case
- Large storage area
- Comes with a small case that allows you to carry extra items as a bonus
- Durable and doesn’t produce any smell
- Can be taken on trips
- Two external pockets that allow you to carry any unfinished projects you are working on
- Chemical smell
- Zipper break easily
8. The Yarn Storage Knitting Bag from Besti
If you have colorful needles and threads that you would like to show off, the Besti yarn storage knitting bag allows you to shine and fit all your accessories at the same time. With a large storage area, your tools will not be tangled up together during transit.
The extra pockets and compartments easily make this one of the most functional bags you can buy for your tools. Made from clear plastic, this material is not only strong but allows you to see what’s inside without having to open it.
Everyone loves a bag that is easy to carry around and this one has some a shoulder strap making it super portable. If you are a student or someone taking knitting lessons, this is the bag for you.
- Clear plastic
- Shoulder straps
- Large storage area
- Multiple compartments
- See-through knitting back
- Very strong thanks to the materials it is made from
- Plenty of storage space
- Portable and easy to carry thanks to the shoulder straps
- Perfect for students and knitting enthusiasts
- Not ideal for balls of yarn
- Produces a smell which many customers are not fans of
9. The Yarn Skeins Knitting Bag From Luxja
The second Luxja bag to make it on this list is this amazing yarn skeins knitting bag. Just like this one above, this one is lightweight and durable. To ensure that it is resistant to wear, Luxja used quality canvas materials to make this bag.
Aside from the strong material this bag is from, it has several useful compartments where yarn can be stored to complete projects later. With 4 side grommets and 4 upper grommets, this bag is very convenient.
To make it easy for you to carry it around, Luxja put some sturdy handles on their bag which can be hung on your shoulder or wrist. With a dimension of 14.5 inches x 7 inches x 7 inches, there is plenty of space for you to store everything you need.
- Made from canvas materials for strength
- Amazing handles
- Plenty of room
- Incredible design
- Has a few compartments
- Offers plenty of storage space to the buyer
- Allows you to carry extra items thanks to extra compartments
- Strong handles that allow you to carry it on your shoulder or wrist
- Cleverly design
- The handles are not very strong
10. The Knitting Tote Bag From MEKBOK
With so many knitting bags to choose from on the market, if you want something simplistic, effective and get the job done, MEKBOK have you covered. Their incredible knitting bag is made out of clear plastic.
This allows you to see everything you’ve put inside it and it has individual compartments that allow you to hold as many as six skeins which is impressive. Nothing is tangled up or frays around thanks to these compartments.
The shoulder straps are a very nice touch because they make it easy for you to carry your items around. What makes this bag stand out is its cool features which include plenty of space and being waterproof.
- Made from very strong material
- Can carry up to 6 skeins
- Shoulder straps making it easy to carry around
- Very strong and durable
- Convenient and easy to carry around
- Incredible design that’s pleasing on the eye
- Offers plenty of storage space
- User-friendly and easy to carry thanks to the shoulder straps
- The straps on this bag are known to wear off easily
- Most customers say this bag loses its shape quickly
11. The Portable Yarn Knitting Bag With Pockets From BeCraftee
If you are looking for a bag that offers you plenty of storage space and has shoulder straps, look no further than this knitting bag from BeCraft. If you are traveling and want to take your knitting tools with you, this bag is perfect.
You can store up to 10 knitting yarns in this bag because it is 11.8 inches tall and has a diameter of 10 inches. If you are working on large projects, this is a great bag to buy because it will help you keep things organized and away from your pets if you have any.
There are 5 pockets on the outside which allow you to store other essentials like your phone, glasses, more needles, scissors and more. Below are the bag’s key features as well as its pros and cons.
- Has 5 pockets outside for storage
- Has 4 slits that prevent your yarn from being tangled up
- Tools are easy to find
- Ability to store up to 10 yarns
- Good for large projects
- Helps you stay organized
- Incredible storage space
- You don’t have to worry about tangled yarn
- You can juggle multiple projects at once
- Has shoulder straps to make carrying your tools easy
- No shoulder strap
12. The knitting and Crochet Bag From Athena’s Elements
Last on the list in the knitting and crochet bag from Athena’s element and this product is amazing because it is compact, stylish and lightweight. Whether you are traveling abroad by plane or camping in an RV, this bag is extremely portable.
It has a storage area that allows you to fit up to five large yarn skeins easily. On top of the amazing storage area, this bag also has pockets that allow you to carry extra accessories like scissors, tape measures, rulers and more.
Overall Athena’s Elements did a wonderful job with this bag because it is compact, spacious and portable. It doesn’t matter where you are, if you feel like knitting, just simply take the tools out this bag and finish your projects.
- Has small, medium and large pockets
- Can be carried by hand on a place
- Offers plenty of space for small accessories
- Very stylish design
- Extremely portable
- A good quality product that’s very durable
- Easily fits 5 large yarn balls
- Excellent storage space
- Has pockets for carrying extra items like rulers, more needles and scissors
- Most customers have said the bag falls apart quickly
Knitting Bag Buying Guide
A knitting bag is a very convenient product for any knitting enthusiast because it allows you to keep all your tools in one place. There are a few factors you need to be aware of when it comes to picking the right knitting bag.
1. Know How Durable the Bag Is
The last thing anyone wants is a knitting bag that shows signs of tear and wear after a few uses. Always keep an eye out for bags that are made from sturdy and strong materials. You won’t have to buy another bag for a very long time.
2. Make Sure It Is Portable
A knitting bag that offers you plenty of internal room doesn’t need to weigh a ton. All it has to do is be easy to carry and lightweight. Many knitting bag makers across the world ensure that their bags have handles or shoulder straps.
This is done to ensure that the person carrying the bag does not suffer from tiredness especially if they have a few items inside.
3. Look out for Extra Features
Most knitting bags on the market have extra features like pouches, external as well as internal pockets. It is small things like this that make the biggest difference when it comes to the number of items you can carry at once.
4. Check the Inside Design
The whole point of spending money on a knitting bag is to be able to store your knitting tools in them. Before buying a bag, make sure that it has enough room for you to fit in everything needed for your project comfortably.
If you are one of those people who like to work on different types of projects, you need a roomy bag. More room means you can carry all your yarn and needles without anything being left behind or tangled up.
To see a bag that allows you to carry up to 8 skeins of yarn, click the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5paCTRrL4
What Are Some of The Health Advantages of Knitting?
Activities like yoga and meditation are known to relieve stress and bring calmness to a person’s body and mind. Knitting is known to have the same effects and that is why many people across the world are getting into it.
- Knitting reducing anxiety: Many people who enjoy knitting have said that the activity makes them feel happy and calm. Feeling this way reduces anxiety as well as stress.
- You can manage chronic pain with knitting: There are so many people that suffer from chronic pain across the world. Knitting is known to provide both social and physical support which helps deal with chronic pain.
- Knitting improves your social skills: If you are a shy person, knitting can boost your confidence and mental health. You can join knitting groups or clubs online where you will meet other knitting enthusiasts and share tips.
If you have a knitting kit at home and want to learn how to knit like a pro, click the following for beginners guide that will get you knitting in no time:
My Top Pick
While all the 12 knitting bags mentioned above are fantastic, my top pick is the Teamoy Yarn Storage Knitting bag.
The reason why it is head and shoulders above all the other bags is its clever design allows you to carry any unfinished projects without them being tangled up. The internal dividers are the reason why your projects will always stay intact even during transit.
It also has a removable and strong shoulder strap which makes it easy to carry around on trips plus the see-through materials allow you to see what’s inside without opening the bag. Lastly, high-quality nylon provides durability and resistance to tear.
Click the following link to see what this bag brings to the table:
It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional or a novice, finding the best knitting bag for your tools is very important. Your decision will ultimately come down to preference however, there are a few things that cannot be ignored before buying.
You need one that is roomy, durable, portable and has extra features like more pockets to ensure you finish your projects no matter where you are. Picking a good looking knitting bag shows off your sense of style.